Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Maybe it's because they're full-time students

Dean Ramana of the School of Management at the University of Hyderabad gave me the opportunity to give lecture series on marketing over a three-week period. Each lecture was from 10-12 on Tuesdays. The students were from the MBA program. I had given a introductory lecture during the orientation for the new graduate students earlier in September.
As you will note, I have gone "native" for the later lectures, but with a purpose. The last of the series was on international marketing. I was demonstrating how marketers try to dress up their products for a local market but the facade does not mask the fact that the product is conceived (literally) in and for another market.
In the picture below, I am quizzing the female students who have isolated themselves in the back of the lecture hall.
I only hope that the late Joseph Campbell would appreciate my desire to continue a dialog with these enthusiastic students. My objective was to give them a perspective on doing business outside the borders of Hyderabad. Only two of the students had ever been outside the country and both of them were exchange students. Dean Ramana was very supportive of my efforts.
I am in discussions with the Communications department to give a lecture on advertising as part of communications arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment